TMF can provide several variations in coating design for the beamsplitting surface, ranging from dielectric multilayer systems to single layer metallic coatings. The transmission / reflectance ratio and the efficiency specified will determine the coating used.
Metal (50/50 Ratio)
- Good wavelength neutrality
- Wide range of T/R ratio
- Large sizes, up to 1500 x 2500mm
- Can have high absorption factor
Dielectric (50/50 Ratio)
- Low absorption
- T/R ratio can be designed to cover 2-98% over a waveband 400- 1500nm
- Ideally suited for single wavelength application
- Ratio is wavelength dependent.
- Can produce polarisation effect above incident angles of 20 degrees
- Laser beamsplitters
- Sighting systems
Neutral Titanium Oxide (65/35 Ratio)
- Good neutrality for T/R ratios up to 65 / 35
- Non absorbing
- Large size availability
- Maximum T/R ratio is 65 / 35
- Ideally suited for simulator projection, e.g. aircraft simulators, auto prompting, teleprompting and video systems
- Head up displays
Please contact us to discuss any variations in standard coatings that you may require.
Download Specification in PDF format